The Shun Classic 10-in. Ham/Salmon Slicer features a long, narrow blade and hollow-ground indentations that help slices release from the blade smoothly. Because cured or smoked meats like ham and salmon tend to be denser and drier than a very moist meat (like prime rib, for instance) a slicing knife requires not only a long, narrow blade, but a blade with a little bit of flex to ensure smooth, easy slicing.
The Shun Classic Ham/Salmon Slicer is made of AUS8A, a high-carbon stainless steel that offers strength, hardness, and wear resistance, as well as a small amount of flex. You'll cut even the thinnest, professional-looking slices with ease.
- For a perfect slice every time
- Hollow-ground indentations help slices release from the blade
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Japanese AUS8A for flexibility and toughness
- Non-Damascus clad
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 10 in. (25.4 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan