The Shun Classic Paring Knife is a must-have for every kitchen. In a way, you can think of it as the mini version of the chef's knife because, like the chef's knife, the paring knife is quite versatile. The paring knife gets its name from its main function—removing or “paring” away things like peels or pits from fruits and vegetables. It’s ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work. Its small size gives you complete control over the tip and edge of the blade. Generally, you'll use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves or ginger.
- For peeling, trimming, coring, and more, it’s essential
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan