Now the Shun Classic series has its own kiritsuke, known as the master chef's knife in its home nation of Japan. The kiritsuke is used for all the tasks for which you'd use a chef's knife and offers top cutting performance and versatility. The Shun Classic 8-in. Kiritsuke is ideal for slicing and push cuts. Julienne, dice, or brunoise vegetables with ease. It's also an excellent choice for cleaning and portioning boneless proteins, and particularly fish. It slices cooked proteins easily and gracefully. The Shun Classic Kiritsuke also features a slightly curved edge so that it even works well with rocking cuts. Once you try it, you'll find yourself reaching for your Shun Classic Kiritsuke more and more often. The D-shaped handle offers comfort and control.
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan