This style of knife is often called a tomato or sandwich knife, but it’s so much more versatile than that description would imply. Of course, it works beautifully on most anything you would put in a sandwich—from meat to cheese to tomato slices. What’s more, the serrations will handily cut the sandwich in half when it’s done. But the Premier Serrated Utility offers something others don't. The blade edge is serrated at the front and back, but has a fine edge in the middle. This means that it's perfect for cutting foods with a tougher or more resilient exterior and a tender interior. For the initial push or pull cut, the serrations glide through the exterior with ease while the fine edge cuts through the softer interior. The combination of serrated and fine edge means you get the perfect slice no matter what you're cutting with no tearing or squashing.
- A very versatile, medium-sized knife
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel on fine section; single-bevel on serrated sections
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan