In size, the Shun Classic 6-in. Utility Knife is between a chef’s knife and a paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. It's perfect for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. Some cooks like to use it in their hand, too—almost like a large paring knife. Others like its smaller size as an alternative to the chef’s knife. Its very slightly curved belly enables it to do moderate rocking cuts. It’s nimble enough to peel an onion in hand, then slice it up in short order. Utility knives are sometimes called sandwich knives because they work well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
- Multi-purpose, between a chef’s and paring in size
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 6 in. (15.2 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan