Can the right knife really make food taste better? In a word, yes. The Shun Classic 9-in. Hollow-Ground Slicing Knife's long, narrow blade allows you to make a cleaner cut, which helps keep more of the juices—and thus more of the flavor—trapped in the meat. The longer blade lets you make precise slices with a single stroke, while the narrower profile and hollow-ground indentations help the blade glide through the meat with even less friction. Producing thin, beautiful, even slices of meat isn’t hard—when your have the right knife. The Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Slicing Knife is the right knife.
- Hollow-ground indentations help slices release from the blade
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan